eToro [EN]

Viskas, kas susiję su brokeriais ir investavimo platformomis
Mr. RBL
Naujokas
eToro [EN]

Standartinė Mr. RBL » Sek Sau 12, 2020 7:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a fellow mustacher from Latvia :)
I was using DEGIRO for investments in ETFs, but sadly they closed my account since they do not support the Baltic countries. I initiall yregistered via N26 and then switch my residence to Latvia...
Anyways now I am searching for a new broker. My shortlist currently contains two: IB and eToro. IB has been covered quite a lot in this forum, but I eToro is barely mentioned.
Do you guys have any experience with eToro?

Artur
Mustachian
Išsiųsta patiktukų: 16
Gavo patiktukų: 32

Standartinė Artur » Sek Sau 12, 2020 8:36 pm

Hi,

Recommend to read the bellow.
https://brokerchooser.com/best-brokers/ ... -europeans.
What I know that etoro claims commision free trading but there are some extra fees. Nothing is for free.
As you will see in the list IB is one of the best brokers. I would go for IB (probably will shift from Luminor to IB this year myself).
If you are going to choose etoro, read the fine print in terms&conditions very carefully.
"Rule No. 1 is never lose money. Rule No. 2 is never forget Rule No. 1." - Warren Buffett.

Vartotojo avataras
honestFIRE
Pažengęs Mustachian
Išsiųsta patiktukų: 47
Gavo patiktukų: 16

Standartinė honestFIRE » Pir Sau 13, 2020 9:27 am

Mr. RBL rašė:
Sek Sau 12, 2020 7:44 pm
Hi everyone,

I was using DEGIRO for investments in ETFs, but sadly they closed my account since they do not support the Baltic countries. I initiall yregistered via N26 and then switch my residence to Latvia...
Anyways now I am searching for a new broker. My shortlist currently contains two: IB and eToro. IB has been covered quite a lot in this forum, but I eToro is barely mentioned.
If you are buy&hold guy, revolut might be ok. Otherwise, Evarvest should start this quarter as far as I am aware.
:arrow: REVOLUT PASKOLA INVESTICIJOMS BONDORA. (ATNAUJINTA 10.15)

Bondora 688%, FinBee 18%%, FinBee.cz 0%, Omaraha, 12.9%, EvoEstate 11.41%, Reinvest24 13.2%

Vartotojo avataras
Giem
Pažengęs Mustachian
Išsiųsta patiktukų: 7
Gavo patiktukų: 55

Standartinė Giem » Pir Sau 13, 2020 10:27 am

Hi, nice to see you here!

If you're serious, use IB. I just don't see why not.
First 3 months are completely free. Just start with more than 2000 (to avoid 20$/month fee). It's 10$ per month afterwards. 1200 for 10 years? It might seem a lot, but nothing is free. Quality and reliability must be worth something.
Mano blogas http://giem.lt

Vartotojo avataras
Mr. BM.
Patyręs Mustachian
Išsiųsta patiktukų: 29
Gavo patiktukų: 83

Standartinė Mr. BM. » Pir Sau 13, 2020 11:24 am

Hi,

Glad to see that this forum finally attracts people from Baltics! That was the initial idea before creating Balticmustache :)

I constantly get ads on youtube from Etoro, where the guy bites half of the donut before selling it to the customer.

Anyway, Etoro was always known for being trading platform, not long-term investing. Word Investment is relatively new on Etoro, so I wouldn't be very optimistic about it. I might consider adding Etoro on the yearly Balticmutsache broker review, but for now, I would do very deep analysis before jumping into it.
Naujausias straipsnis Balticmustache tinklaraštyje: BALTICMUSTACHE INVESTICIJŲ PORTFELIS. 2021 APŽVALGA.

rimvydukas
Pradedantis Mustachian

Standartinė rimvydukas » Ant Vas 04, 2020 10:05 am

You can also check Tradingstation Globat. Quite good rating at brokerchooser.com.
Mr. RBL rašė:
Hi everyone,

Vartotojo avataras
Stoic
Mustachian
Išsiųsta patiktukų: 143
Gavo patiktukų: 9

Standartinė Stoic » Ant Vas 04, 2020 11:32 am

Mr. RBL rašė:
Hi everyone,

Offtopic! How did went account closure in DEGIRO for you? I guess, that you were just forced to sell all your assets at once and that was it?

Vartotojo avataras
jėzus
Pradedantis Mustachian
Gavo patiktukų: 1

Standartinė jėzus » Ant Vas 04, 2020 12:26 pm

As I see eToro does a great job advertising everythere. A newly registered guy with a single post magically mentions eToro as possible good alternative for investing :)
Don't get caught, it's how advertising is done of such players like eToro.
Furthermore, I've got confirmation from Degiro that I'm allowed to use their platform when my residence country has changed to Lithuania. Nothing is going to be closed.
LGBT

Vartotojo avataras
Mr. BM.
Patyręs Mustachian
Išsiųsta patiktukų: 29
Gavo patiktukų: 83

Standartinė Mr. BM. » Ant Vas 04, 2020 12:30 pm

jėzus rašė:
Ant Vas 04, 2020 12:26 pm
Furthermore, I've got confirmation from Degiro that I'm allowed to use their platform when my residence country has changed to Lithuania. Nothing is going to be closed.
Same here.
Naujausias straipsnis Balticmustache tinklaraštyje: BALTICMUSTACHE INVESTICIJŲ PORTFELIS. 2021 APŽVALGA.

Mr. RBL
Naujokas

Standartinė Mr. RBL » Pen Vas 07, 2020 8:59 am

Hi,

Thanks for the answers guys! I will go for IB as I am looking in long term investing. The 10$ per month seems to be steep at first, but since I am planning to invest somewhere between 100-200 EUR per month at some point the commission will not be that big.

I apologize if it seemed that I am marketing eToro in this forum, I am not. It did appear everywhere for me and hence I was curious. Curious, bu cautions, as I do not trust things that are advertised too much :) Also I am happy to hear that you guys are critical of what you read here as well!

As for Degiro. I opened my account through N26 on 2018.11. Everything was fine, I was loving it. On 2019.05 I received an email that they will close my account as my tax residency is not supported and that I have 1 month to liquidate my positions. I tried to reason with them but that did not help and my account was closed on 2020.06.

Skelbti atsakymą